Filed Under (iPad in Business, APPLICATION, All Applications, PRODUCT) by ipevoblog on 2012-01-29
Continuing our survey of worthwhile uses for the Perch, this entry takes a peek inside a popular year-round destination: the jewelry store. Jewelers, gemologists, and gemstone merchants have a fascinating and complex product, to the point that the finer points of their merchandise are sometimes a challenge to properly communicate to customers. How do you best inform customers on the ins and outs of choosing the jewelry piece that’s right for them? Our answer is Perch S.
Perch S is the smallest member of our Perch family of iPad and iPad 2 stands, and it’s the perfect size for tabletops and countertops. That would include the jewelry countertop, where an iPad can function as a prominent interactive kiosk right alongside the merchandise.
As an impressive, interactive, and multimedia companion piece to traditional hands-on service, the iPad/iPad 2 and Perch S could really help deliver what jewelry store customers need to make an informed decision on their important purchase.
Here’s just a few ideas we had for what Perch S and the iPad could visually present to customers, either through website content, interactive apps, videos, or slideshows:
- Diamond certification — what’s the difference between GIA, IGI, HRD, and EGL? Why is a certificate important? Scan an actual certificate to show customers what exactly to look for.
- Clarity, color, carat, cut — how can customers best understand and choose between the 4 C’s of diamond evaluation? Customers could be exposed to images of different diamond cuts or a graph indicating the range of clarities, for just two examples.
- Gemstones — beyond diamonds, what other gemstones are available? How would gemstones look paired with other gemstones?
- Jewelry pieces — give customers an idea of what jewelry pieces work best with what gemstones through an interactive app or slideshow. How would the same diamond look in a necklace versus a bracelet, et cetera?
- Inventory — a natural use for the Perch S and iPad is as an interactive inventory where customers can browse your full range of products, view close-ups of jewelry, and consider specifications and price.
Have any other ideas to share? We’d love to hear from you.