Filed Under (iPad in Business, APPLICATION, All Applications, IPEVO, Perch) by ipevoblog on 2012-01-20
No doubt you’re back into the swing of things after the holidays. Inspired by the retail therapy we did ourselves during the holidays — and some of the malls and boutique stores we visited — we have a great idea to share that caught our attention.
Sound far-fetched? We don’t think so, especially for retailers and shop owners (particularly high-end boutique owners) looking to gain an edge over the competition and add a whole lot of “wow” to their visitors’ experience.
If you’re not familiar with Perch, Perch comes in three sizes — S for tabletops, M for seated users, and L for standing users. It securely and easily holds either iPad or iPad 2 (depending on which version you select) so users can enjoy hands-free operation at the perfect height.
Clothing and accessories are one type of product that could really benefit from increased customer knowledge and awareness. With Perch and the iPad, you have a fully interactive information center and kiosk — as customers step into the store, at the checkout desk, outside the fitting room, or while shopping among racks or displays. What value can you add to the shopping experience with iPad and Perch? We asked ourselves that same question, and here are just a few possibilities we came up with for what customers could do:
- Interact with a presentation/app giving them a “crash course” in determining their body type and what kinds of clothing look best on them in general
- Get exposed to style tips, including tips to accessorize based on what accessories are available in-store
- Take a look at the specifications, fabric type, or other distinguishing qualities of clothing and accessories they’re considering, along with price
- Watch interviews with designers or style consultants, runway footage, or other multimedia
content that could help them make a selection
- Discover clothing and color combinations that would work well together via an image gallery or slideshow, or via an interactive mix-and-match style app.
- Become aware of specials, discounts, new arrivals, and other in-store promotions
And one final thought: Perch’s thin profile and light weight make it a versatile, portable addition that won’t get in the way of the real star of the show: the clothing!
Have any other ideas to share? We’d love to hear from you.